Colleges and universities demand that students submit at least one essay as part of their application. However, it can be challenging to decide which college essay topics to pick. The topics you could write about are countless! We will discuss the key characteristics of a strong college essay topic in this tutorial and provide you with 50 college essay themes you can use for your own statement. This guide will also give you advice on how to transform your college essay topic into a fantastic essay. After all, only the best get in! Before we discuss the topics, here are a few tips to help you write a great essay.
Tips to write a good essay
Every good essay has particular criteria that it must fit. The following are the most important things you need to do for your essay to stand out:
- Make it specific
First of all, excellent college essay topics are very specific. You should be fully aware of all material information pertaining to the topic and be able to see how the essay as a whole fits together.
Specificity is crucial since, in addition to differentiating your essay from other ones, it will also help admissions officers visualize the experience through its realism, specificity, and raw power. After all, your goal is to tell a story, and the best way to accomplish so is with specificity. Even admissions officers don’t want to read a story that is unclear, boring, or uninteresting!
- Make it personal
Good college essay themes show admissions examiners who you are in addition to being specific: your passions and interests, what is significant to you, your finest (or perhaps even worst) attributes, what motivates you, and so forth.
- Make it one of a kind
If there’s anything you want to be during the college application process, it’s memorable, and original college essay ideas are usually the ones that are!
Now, here are some college essay ideas for you to choose from:
Good college essay topics for your writing inspiration
Good argumentative essay topics for college
- Is there excessive pressure on teenagers to go to college?
- Should immigrants be granted additional rights?
- Do TV shows and movies have a duty to represent more varied viewpoints?
- How does “false news” affect politics and society?
- What social effects do reality TV shows have?
- Should English become the official national language of the United States?
Persuasive essay topics for college
- Should cell phone use be permitted in elementary and secondary schools?
- Should a year of community service be mandated for all Americans?
- Should young girls be allowed to get contraception without their parents’ permission?
- Is it time to update immigration regulations?
- Should violent juvenile offenders be tried as adults?
- War has both positive and harmful effects.
- In American history, the antebellum and the reconstruction periods.
- Star Wars and Star Trek have similarities and contrasts.
- Which makes the best pet? Cats or dogs.
- Middle colonies or southern colonies vs. New England colonies
- Capitalism against communism
Descriptive essay topics college
- What impact do family vacations have on intergenerational bonds?
- What impact on our globe did human curiosity have?
- What triggers environmental disasters?
- How does the advancement of technology impact the state of nature?
- What are the reasons for Japan’s technological advancements?
Narrative essay topics for college
- Write a story about a time you were injured on the playground. What took place?
- A personal illustration of revolt.
- Tell us about the moral issues that trouble you and why.
- a poor illustration of cowardice.
- Tell about a time when you faced a moral dilemma.
- Describe the social relevance of school uniforms.
- Describe any potential repercussions of dropping out of college.
- Describe how communication has changed since the advent of the internet 20 years ago.
- Describe the importance of tolerance in the workplace.
- Describe the causes and consequences of not casting a ballot.
- Which is better for today’s students: conventional education or online learning?
Best college essay topics for comparing and contrasting
- Are nazism and fascism the same or differing concepts?
- Differences in female and male mental processes: a gender issue.
- Is freelancing a viable alternative to a full-time position?
- Which social network has more opportunities: Facebook or MySpace?
- What is more dangerous: obesity or anorexia nervosa?
- Free access sources with reserved rights: should we protect intellectual property?
- Strategies for enhancing German schools’ health standards.
Creative college essay topics
- What can be done to make American football safer?
- The benefits of a democratic governmental system.
- Less developed countries are not immune to social ills.
- Why should your company implement reliable cybersecurity measures?
- Important health advice for pregnant women flying by plane?
- Techniques for preventing excessive factory air pollution.
- Can money motivate better work? How can you live a fun life without worrying about your income?
- Should religious studies be taught in high school as a required subject? How can it be worked into all religions?
- How is the educational process influenced by both teachers and students? How can educators and students work together to improve the educational process?
- How to deal with extremely strong emotions in parent-child relationships: why do we take misunderstanding for hatred?
College essay topics to avoid include vague topics with ambiguous words and overly childish remarks.